Police investigate Tracy High School bomb threats | News
TRACY, CA - Two pieces of graffiti referencing a bomb at Tracy High School prompted an evacuation of the school Wednesday afternoon.
Tracy police and bomb-sniffing dogs continued to search the campus at 315 E. 11th Street.
A spokesperson with the Tracy Unified School District said the graffiti was discovered in two boys' restrooms at approximately 2 p.m. The graffiti said a bomb was to explode at the campus Wednesday. Students and staff were moved to a nearby park. Schools buses arrived to pick up students at the park at the normal let-out time.
The spokesperson said police and staff will review security cameras on campus to try to determine who went in and out of the restrooms and interview them.
As of late Wednesday afternoon, classes were scheduled as usual for Thursday.
Upcoming Events near Manteca / Tracy / Ripon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta levees pass inspection after Napa earthquake
- California Transportation Commission Awards $221 Million in Active Transportation Program Funds Stat
- Stockton police union helps needy school for 5th year
- Stockton Beer Week is back for the 3rd year and bigger than ever!
- Are Stockton loitering signs helping or hurting?