Brown Butter Grilled Cheese | Food and Drink
Happy National Grilled Cheese Month! I don’t know who comes up with these official food holidays, but I can’t complain about celebrating grilled cheese. Toasted bread and melted cheese is the foundation of an excellent sandwich.
Tillamook invited me to participate in their National Grilled Cheese Month Recipepalooza, and I quickly began brainstorming. Grilled cheese sandwiches are wonderful as they are, but I wanted to add something extra to make them even better. Caramelized onions, bacon, pepper jack, and jalapeños were considered, but I stuck with the basics: sharp cheddar and whole wheat bread, the flavors of my childhood. The special touch? Brown butter, which has a nutty and more complex flavor than regular butter....
Upcoming Events near Manteca / Tracy / Ripon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm
- $60 Million in Training Funds Available to California Business Owners
- SJDC Culinary Arts Winter Feast, Dec. 11