Man critical following Manteca shooting | Crime
MANTECA, CA - A 30-year-old man is in critical condition on Wednesday after being shot in Manteca on Tuesday.
Manteca Police responded to a call of a gunshot victim down on the 1000 block of Virginia Street around 9:31 p.m., said officer Jason Hensley.
Upon arrival, officers found the man laying on the sidewalk conscious, but suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, said Hensley.
The gunshot victim was taken to a nearby hospital where he was listed in critical condition.
No information was provided on the motive for the shooting, but Modesto detectives were investigating to determine whether it was gang related, Hensley said.
The vehicle used in the shooting was described as small and white. No description was provided for the suspected shooter.
Anyone with information was encouraged to call the Modesto Police Dept. at (209) 456-8101.
Upcoming Events near Manteca / Tracy / Ripon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Everything you need to know about home canning
- One teen killed, another injured in Modesto auto vs. bicycle collision
- CDPH Lifts Warnings about Certain Seafood from Monterey and Santa Cruz Counties
- State approves fines in Turlock robocall case
- Police release identities of 4 poeple found dead in Turlock home