Police: 2 arrested for pretending to be officers in Manteca | Crime
MANTECA, CA - Two men were arrested for impersonating police officers and trying to disband a party in a rural south Manteca home Saturday night.
Kyle Clogston, 18, of Manteca and Marcus Bradford, 19, of Lodi went to a house party on the 22400 block of S. Manteca Road around 10:30 p.m., identified themselves as officers and told the people to break up the party, said the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office.
The two men were dressed in tactical-style uniforms, with ballistic and tactical vests. Bradford had a badge that looked like a police badge; Clogston told the party goers that he was an officer, the sheriff's department said.
Both men also had multiple air-soft rifles and pistols, which had the orange tips painted black so they looked like real firearms.
A third person, a male juvenile, was at the scene with the two men, but remained in the car and did not say he was an officer. Deputies talked to the boy then released him to his father.
Clogston and Bradford were booked into the San Joaquin County Jail for impersonating an officer, impersonating an officer's badge and possession of an imitation firearm.
Upcoming Events near Manteca / Tracy / Ripon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta’s 100th Anniversary time capsule has been cleared for its voyage through time and space!
- Stockton Homeless Clothing Drive at Delta College
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm