1. Long-term coffee drinkers may be at lesser risk of onset of Type 2 diabetes.
2. Coffee does not have a harmful effect on heart disease or stroke.
3. Caffeinated beverages may reduce your risk for Parkinson’s disease.
4. Caffeinated coffee may help prevent symptomatic gallstone disease.
5. Coffee could lower your risk of hepatic injury and liver cancer.
6. Pregnant women who consume large amounts of caffeine may be at increased risk of late miscarriage and stillbirth.
7. Some people may crave coffee more due to a particular genetic variation.
8. People who drink a lot of coffee also consume more sugar, cream, syrups (ie more calories).
Manteca Dentist Dr Masood Cajee is proud to be a public health advocate. He blogs & tweets about healthy mouths, bodies, and communities. Access his website at www.smilesahead.us.